Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Classwork Lesson 13 definitions

Literary character: is a person or an animal in a story. (Harry Potter, X-Men, Superman, Frodo)

Main Character: has the most important role in the literary work. ( Ethan Hunt, Peter Parker, JASON, Freddy Kruger, Micheal Myers)

Minor Character: have smaller parts. (Maggie Simpson, Chief Wiggums, Meg-Family Guy)

Direct characterization: means that the writer tells you about characters directly. ( Murder in the First, Halloween, Friday the 13th)

Indirect characterization: means that the writer describes what the character does and says and gives that comments, thoughts, and reactions of the other characters to this character; the reader reaches his or her own conclusion about the character.

Motivation: the reasons people do things in fiction or in real life. ( I will do my homework because I want to pass all of my classes. I am motivated by the need to succeed.)

Dialogue: the words characters say, set off by quotation marks provides prime opportunity to infer character's motives. ( "Tom, I like to eat ice cream and play soccer.")

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks mrs. lawson for the cool website and nice pic!!!