Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Writing Check List

Writing Checklist
BEGINNING
________Am I writing about the prompt? ________Is the story about me? ________Did I begin with a sound, quote or simile? ________Did I write where the story is taking place? ________Did I write about the time of year, month, season, and/or date? ________Have I mentioned the prompt, or at least hinted about it? ________Did I mention the people that are in my story? ________Did I use good words to describe the setting and tie in relevant details?
MIDDLE ________Did I write a story and not a grocery list? ________Did I choose 3-5 main events? ________Is the climax at the middle? ________Did I use my senses and thoughts to describe those events? ________Did I add details that have to do with the prompt? ________Is it in order of the way it happened, and not jumping around from thought to thought? ________Am I making the story interesting? ________How many things did you do? (If it is more than 10, you are listing!)
END ________Did I tie the beginning to the end? ________Did I mention the prompt? ________Did I add details that bring the story to an interesting end, and not keep adding more events? ________Does my story make people smile, laugh, or cry? ________Does every sentence have a purpose? ________Are they longer than 4 words?

No comments: