Friday, November 9, 2007

Narrative Essay Example Four

Sarah & I first met in the hutchen of Cedar Ledge, a group of cabins, at camp Robinswold. I saw her long, wavy, blond hair glimmering in the sun & it caught my eye. As I looked over, her soft, blue eyes met my chocolate eyes. I sat down next to her when the councilors told us to sit in a circle on the cold, grey, hard hutchen floor. As we went around the circle saying our names, I thought about how friendly she acted towards others. Kyak & Honeybucket asked me to e in there cabin, & I accepted. I really wanted to be in Sarah’s cabin though.

The next day we took our swimming tests. The salty, cold canal water, turned my skin to ice when I cannonballed off the dock into it. Sarah was in the second group & I was in the first. After I got out the water & on to the dock, I watched Sara swim. I realized she was a good a swimmer as I was. I talked to Sarah for the first time while we were waiting to take the tippy test so we could go boating. Sarah told me the banana like kayaks were the best type of boats, so we both took our test in kayaks. Sarah first, then me.

That night after “Taps” was played, I wrote a letter home saying I had found a best friend named Sarah. As I heard one of the councilors coming, I turned off my flashlight & pretended to be asleep.

After that day, Sarah & I did everything together. We sat together in the dining hall every meal. We went to the B.I.F.F.Y. as partners. Even when we went up to lake Armstrong for a camp out., Sarah & I put our sleeping bags right next to each others.

On Thursday, we went kayaking together. The wind had kicked up & everyone, except Sarah & me, had gone to the showers. Sarah & I rode the waves & sang our favorite song ”Purple Lights” till the lifeguard began to worry the waves might tip the kayaks, like a cat when it falls asleep standing up, & made us go to the showers. After we showered off & changed, Sarah & me were freezing in the misty air. We both rapped our selves together in Sara’s gold space blanket, & waddled, chattering, to lunch. At the dining hall they said we looked hike Hershey kisses; no nuts though.

Saturday was the last day at camp. Sarah & I waved each other sad goodbyes as our parents came to get us. We had forgotten to get each other addresses because we were having so much fun during the week. The only thing that I have to remember Sarah by is, an old, rugged seashell, with Sarah written on the top.

THE END

No comments: